Dynamic By Nature - www.dynamicbynature.com
Chai Spiced Chocolate Chutney
Recipies by: Judy Chambers
*Makes 3 cups
2 cups Dates, soak in 2 cups of water
2 Tbsp. Carob Powder or Cocoa
1 Tbsp. Organic Cinnamon (*non-irradiated)
1 tsp. Organic Cardamom or Nutmeg (*non-irradiated)
¼ cup Fresh Ginger Root, grated or minced
½ cup Virgin Coconut Oil or Cold-pressed Flaxseed Oil
1 Tbsp. Pure Vanilla Extract (*optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree well.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator, this will keep for at least one month.
- Use this exotic treat to spice up a smoothie or on top of fresh fruit, hot cereal or on toast.
5 Tbsp. Organic Ghee &/or Organic Coconut Butter
1 tsp. Black Mustard Seeds
1 Tbsp. Turmeric, ground
2 tsp. Coriander, ground
3 Tbsp. Cumin, ground
1-2 tsp. Unrefined Sea Salt (*Le Paludier)
1 large Leek, chopped
2 cups Whole Green Mung Beans, soaked & rinsed
1 cup Brown Basmati Rice, soaked & rinsed
8-10 cups Filtered Water
3-5 Tbsp. Ginger Juice, grate & squeeze out the juice (*discard pulp)
*Chopped Veggies (spinach, kale, string beans, yams, sweet corn etc.)
- Heat ghee in a soup pot. When the ghee is hot, add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to pop add other spices (*except ginger juice) and the leeks.
- Stir the spices for a couple of minutes. Make sure that the spices don't burn.
- Add the basmati rice and mung beans. Stir to coat with the spices. Then add water and bring to a boil. Cover pot and reduce heat. Simmer rice & beans until cooked (*about 30 minutes).
- Finally, add the ginger juice.
You can always add more veggies if you prefer a heartier kitcheree!